Re: ITP: berlin - The Berlin display server

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 10:33:58PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist

>  Berlin is a windowing system derived from Fresco, a powerful structured
>  graphics toolkit originally based on InterViews. Berlin extends Fresco
>  to a full, network-transparent windowing system that is not based on X.
>  It features a rich drawing interface with multiple backends, device
>  independent vector based graphics, a Unicode-based text system and is
>  3D-aware. It's CORBA-based architecture allow clients in any language
>  with corba bindings.

thankyou, thankyou, I tried to compile it a few months ago, but gave up.

> the complete sources are licensed under the LGPL
>
> the packages can be found under http://people.debian.org/~waldi/berlin/
> (i hope they are apt-getable)
They are apt-getable.

I did 'apt-get install berlin-clients' but had to to
'apt-get install libggi-target-x' to get it to work.

Will you package the python bindings?

--
Tom Cato Amundsen <tca@gnu.org>
GNU Solfege - free eartraining, http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/