US Maintainer Putting Package on non-US

OK, so, I'm maintaining a package (Freenet --
http://www.freenetproject.org/) that contains quite a bit of
cryptographic code -- Rijndael and Twofish stuff.

I'm assuming this is going to have to go in non-US, since it's crypto
and the jury is still out on whether we can pull non-US stuff back
into the main Debian system.

My problem is that I'm a US citizen. I think, as far as I can tell,
that it's legal for me to upload this code to a non-US server. My
question is: is it OK, Debian-wise? Or must all non-US code be
uploaded by non-US maintainers?

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou