Re: What do you wish for in an package manager?

"Dwayne C . Litzenberger" wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm starting work on a new linux package manager.  The idea is to be able to
> replace rpm, dpkg, apt, dselect (backend) with one,written mostly from scratch
> and designed to be as simple (code, not features) and clean as possible.  For
> now, the work will be strictly academic, but if it works out, it may evolve
> into future standard package manager.

> So my question is: What do you wish for in a package manager?

	Something I have wished for in dpkg is a --rollback option, to undo
the installation of a package and revert to the version that was
installed
previously, without having the original .deb available.  And in the
light
of changed configuration files, it may not even be possible to restore
a previous state by just reinstalling the old version again....

--
Thanks,