Woody Progress

ObDisclaimer: IANADD

First off, I would like to apologize if this is not the right list to ask
this question, and secondly, I would like to apologize if it is not
appropriate for a non-developer to ask this question.
I have been impressed with the progress of woody recently, to the point where
I now keep it installed myself, for the fun of experimenting with XF86 4, and
what I would like to know is: Does anyone have any theories as to when the
code freeze will start. I mean, getting a new realease out, with KDE 2
packaged and ready to go, plus XF86 4, would do a lot to restore the Debian
Project in the eyes of joe-average linux-user.

*gets into asbestos suit*
Before you all jump on me, the Debian linux distro has somewhat of a
reputation for being behind the times, due to it's long and rigorous testing
process. Personally, I prefer this, and the extended testing period is one
of many reasons Debian is the only linux I use.
Also, those of us who read the lists understand what the reasons are, and
to my mind, they were sound, but up until recently, the `man on the street'
still sees us as the last distro to not have KDE.
He doesnt care about ideology, and while right has won out in the end, it
has set our public image back somewhat.
Had I the power, I would _not_ change any of the decisions that have
brought Debian to where it is now, but to my mind, now would be a good
time to consider when the new release will come out.

Thank you for your time.

Richard Taylor