Should we build woody packages against XFree 4 ?

   Now that XFree 4 has made it into woody, should we compile new
packages against it ? Will XFree 3.3 disappear, or will we have two
versions of XFree in woody ? ${shlibs:Depends} will say `xlibs (>=
4.0.1)', is this acceptable for current packages ?

   I have at least one package that works well under XFree 3.3 but barfs
completely on XFree4, whether compiled under X4 or X3.3. I did not
manage to have both versions installed, so it's a real PITA to debug
(remote debugging would not work, nor would Xnest-like tricks), should
we say goodbye to XFree 3 ?

Regards,
Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam@zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \