Re: [OT] Help with glibc memory streams

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 12:23:04AM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> In the case "fgets finds an EOF before newline", the EOF flag should
> be set but the error flag certainly not. That's what happens in _one_
> of the examples that I attached. _Please_ compile and run them [with
> the test file I supply] before you post.

I did (and I also tried the fgetc example). What I was traying to
explain is that it doesn't seem so certain to me which should be the
right behaviour in such case.

Or course, the fact that fgets behaves in diferent ways for file and
memory streams is an inconsistency in the library, but It might also
be a bug (ambiguity) in the specification (or the documentation). You
know, those "implementation dependent" clauses...

I think it is a good idea to check with upstream. Please, tell me if
you find out...

--- Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <erobledo@ieee.org>
                             <erobledo@die.upm.es>
                             <era@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> ---