Re: Comments on FHS testsuite run

[I wrote]
> > Huh? I don't see why not. This task means "I want an FHS compliant
> > system".  If you don't see the need for FHS compliant, don't install this.
> > There's a reason for the standard, and people who want to be compliant
> > will install this.

[Josip Rodin answered]
> The system is supposed to be FHS compliant from the start, it shouldn't be
> up to the ordinary users to verify compliance.

What system? Debian GNU/Linux is not an operating system: it's
infrastructure
to let *you* write your operating system in 20 lines or less.
(actually with tasks it can be often in 5 lines or less)

Why not have the installer ask
"Do you want the system to be FHS compliant? This might install stuff you
don't want, but will insure interoperability with non-Debian programs",
or words to that effect? Who are you (or for that matter all the Debian
developers) to tell a system administrator he has to install some stuff?
What about emdebian?
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il> -- 95855124
http://advogato.org/person/moshez