Other MIDI sequencer packages that might be needed

In Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:24:24 +0200 Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <era@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> cum veritate scripsit :

> > But about the only application on Linux I've ever found useful so
> > far for MIDI is sted2... ;(
> I will give it a try...

It's already packaged and available in the debian-jp archive (www.debian.or.jp).
The maintainer for this package has been accepted as a NM, and will probably go
in the Debian main archive if it has things solved...

I found "melys" http://www.parabola.demon.co.uk/melys/index.html to be a sequencer
of about the same style as Jazz++. It looks similar, and has GTK+ interface.
It compiles fine; it's just that I've not managed to make it into a Debian
package... it seems like it needs some work.

Someone has said Muse http://muse.seh.de/ is a good one, but
I can't compile it against Qt 2.2, and there are too many namespace pollutions
and other things to be bothered about, I can't handle it now.

Also, BINARS sounds promising, but I have never seen it running...
To make it one needs libalsaseq++ and qpthread, which is not yet packaged.

I have been trying to compile them, but they were too much...
# I'm rather overloaded at the moment. I want to make mpich 1.2.1 package and close all
# the wishlist bugs...

regards,
	junichi

--