Re: Books to teach myself 'programming infrastructure'

In Wed, 25 Oct 2000 03:47:23 +0300 Eray Ozkural <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr> cum veritate scripsit :

> > My opinion (if that counts), is that the problem with printing out.
> > texinfo documents probably make a good printed-out manual, however,
> > Debian packages (per policy) do not have it in the binary package, and
> > I need to get hold of the source package just to get a printed manual.
> >
> > Or am I missing something ? (I would be delighted if someone could tell me
> > I can make a beautiful printed manual from the info files alone...)
>
> Hmmm. I agree, either the ps or the texinfo source should be included.
> Why don't you file a bug report and cc to devel?

file a bug report to where ?  There are many binary packages which have info files
and not the corresponding format suited for printing.

One thing I see is that Debian is unifying its documentation format in HTML, and
any other format is optional. i.e. Debian doesn't really care about printed manuals.

#It is requested somewhere that when something needs submitting loads of bugs,
#then discuss it first in -devel.

regards,
	junichi

--