Re: ITP Delayed [Re: ITP: jazz++ -- a full sized MIDI sequencer]

Enrique Robledo Arnuncio wrote:
> I will have to try the port. If I find out it is too difficult for me,
> I might consider the second option. I will give it a couple of weeks,
> or so...

[wrapping up]

> They do; It would be quite easy; probably a much easier task than
> porting jazz++ to the newer library. But I would be the only
> maintainer for that piece of code...

I think it's safer to go with the second option, but since this is
an OO library perhaps it'll be easy to just port. The problems
you may face could be the stricter C++ syntax in new g++, so only
changing some names/parameters may not suffice. I might be wrong
about this point though. It all depends on the code.

Anyway, if you choose the first option then you'd be contributing
to the code as it's in their TODO list, which is a very good thing
to do for the free world!

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr