Re: Maybe ITP: linuxtips - "Tip of the day"-Message-Viewer.

Hi,

> i'll just throw in my $0.02...
>
> i love the idea of a "debiantips" package. that name lets us easily include
> little quips about what makes a debian system work differently than other
> distros, perhaps even debian versus win2k situations.

This is a good idea, too. One could start tips like: As you know from the
DOS-Shell in Windows, there is a command to .... You can do the same and more
in bash with .... . I will create a special tips file "migrating" for those
tips.

> the maintainer should probably create entries for "usefull dpkg options"
> and "update-alternatvies --config", rather than "free vs. open".

I think that information about free vs. open doesn't belong into tips at all,
as you said. Of course dpkg-options like apt features have to be added.

Daniel Migowski