Re: Is anyone packaging the Cygnus "docbook-tools"?

    Karl> [ Please CC me; I've not been keeping up with list traffic.
    Karl> I've got too much other reading to do. ]

    Karl> Is anyone packaging
    Karl> http://sources.redhat.com/docbook-tools/ ?

    Brian> As a user of DocBook XML format, May I ask: what is it? Does it
    Brian> support the up-to-date DocBook XML format?

 Turns out it's already packaged as `cygnus-stylesheets'.

 I'm using the docbook-xml 4.1.2 DTD to write a man page; I'm using a
 refentry whatchacallit...  I've a lot of reading to do before I'll
 know enough about SGML/XML to hold a conversation about it.

 I did find out that "docbook-to-man" doesn't work right, but that
 "docbook2man" does.  I created a very nice little man page with
 almost no extra stuffing inside it.  The "docbook-to-man" made a man
 page with just a preamble of some sort, then bombed out with a bunch
 of errors.  Perhaps it works with docbook SGML, and not the XML
 version.

--
We should not penalize the conscientious to coddle those who run brain-dead software.
I am karlheg, of deB.ORG.  You will be freed.  Resistance is useful.