Re: Comments on FHS testsuite run

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 11:16:12 +0200,
Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:
[...]
> In either case, if by "infraestructure" you mean one or two empty
> directories, I would say foreign apps which do not install rightly
> because of these directories not being preset are broken, and we have
> no need to support broken software.

i fully agree. adding empty directories just to satisfy some misguided
"compliance checker" or broken software that does not check the existance
of directories it wants to write to is rather digusting at best.

--
Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr  | ignorami: n: The BOFH art of folding problem
<mike+sig@cluon.priv.at> |           lusers into representational shapes.