Re: Helix debian packages

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 12:12:09AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > Helix Gnome packages are more bleeding edge in theory, but in
> > practice they are a thousand times more usable in terms of
> > reliability, stability, function, and integration.  By comparison,
> > Debian's Gnome packages just plain SUCK.
>
> Are you talking about woody or potato?  I have been running the woody
> GNOME on several computers with absolutely no problems for quite a
> while now.  (Debian GNOME maintainers: thanks!)
>
> Probably the biggest flaw in the potato packages is that they're out
> of date, but such is the price one pays for a stable system...

Woody.

I suppose the woody packages aren't BAD, but after using Helix, going back
feels like a serious downgrade.  This is why I'm so interested in Debian
maintainers working to incorporate Helix into Debian.  I think both Debian
and Helix would benefit with more cooperation.  And I'll benefit by having
better Gnome while still being able to build packages on a "clean" Debian
system.  =)

<Deek> change all cvar->value = X to use Cvar_Set()
<theoddone33> that didn't happen in oldtree
<Deek> Actually, it did.
<Knghtbrd> yeah - two weeks later.