Re: Another solution (was Re: All services that require a restart from libc6 upgrade...)

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:
> This brings up a good possible solution. Daemons can be required to link
> to the static nss libs, assuming I compile that into the -dev package.
> This means the modules would be static in the binary, and this breakage
> would not occur.

I think this is bloating the binaries.  The idea with using shared
libs is still to make a smaller fingerprint, load faster, having a
smaller package on ftp etc, and I don't think it's worth leaving all
that just because a restart of some daemons is hard to automize.

Regards, EOF