Re: Debian and KDE: Appology

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 08:24:30PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:

[ just more of the same ]

> because of the long and bitter public debates, RMS had to say something
> and he had to make a public statement that it was now OK for KDE to use
> any FSF owned code. if he had just ignored the fact that the KDE/Qt/GPL
> problem had finally been resolved then he would have had people (you,
> perhaps?) slagging him off for being stand-offish and rude.

The problem is IMHO that he didn't *just* "had to make a public
statement that it was now OK for KDE to use any FSF owned code", which
he then rightly did.  He applied IMHO double standards by asking KDE
developers to beg for forgiving and *this* is IMHO "being stand-offish
and rude".

RMS (like anybody) definitely has the right to forgive but expecting
and asking others to beg for being forgiven is at best derisive.

Without being a KDE/Qt user myself, this is what makes me understand
the anger of the KDE developers.
                                   Thank you, P. *8^)