Re: Squeeze Artwork: selection of default theme

> I don't think a poll should be necessary at all, in future.

Say what? No! It's about the theme, something that should be considered by everyone
(that is, if they choose to do so), not about how to compile gcc or whatnot -- this is not
a technical decision. I am rather disappointed you have such a stance. :(

On 11 November 2010 09:03, Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 09:48:29PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> There was the possibility of mentioning the poll in DPN, but it was noted
> that the deadline already passed. It was suggested that the poll was quite
> short. It was suggested a more widely advertised and longer running
> selectricity poll might have been a good idea. It was noted that the email
> poll was simply an internal decision making tool.  Someone thought that it
> was kinda weird to have the poll only limited to this list.

I'd agree that the poll period was way too short.

I don't think a poll should be necessary at all, in future.   I think it should
be a collective decision of the relevant maintainers.  We don't micro-poll for
every other packaging decision, and that's effectively what this is.  If a
maintainer makes a genuinely contentious decision, we have routines in place
to deal with that.

--
Jon Dowland