Re: DebianArtwork portal

On 4/23/07, André Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira <andrelrf@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi !

Hi Andre,

I'm designing the DebianArtwork portal and need ideas for content. The idea
is use for contest, creating an archive of user contributed artwork that can
be freely used. It will be used by Debian Developers for select the artwork
for his applications.

Initially the categories are:
(...)
What about these?
Some ideas?

Great stuff, but I wouldn't add a category without related
documentation on how to use it on GNOME, KDE and Xfce. ie: wallpapers
category need related documentation for the three major desktop
environments, IMHO.

Btw, as I've told you before I don't think that cchost is the best CMS
for our artwork, looks nice, but AGO (art.gnome.org code) is nicer
IMHO and AFAIK they're working on AGO3 now. Nothing against add
sounds, if not Creative Commons (2.5 or 3.0) for non commercial
purposes only license. CC 3.0 without the restriction seems to be less
evil, and considering we won't add these in Debian main, that's ok.

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com