Re: New installer for CDD (was: Re: yast2 dependancies)

Hi Ramon,

I don't see why the curent cdebconf backend is problematic for the
installer. All of the installation steps that use cdebconf exclusively
work well. The dialogs for these interfaces can be done in GTK the same
way and the functionality doesn't change. For instance the DHCP piece
runs and if it fails it offers questions to configure the ethernet
ports. The parts I worry about are the non debconf pieces like partman.
Those will require a custom frontend in GTK. There is also the
complexity of getting GTK on DirectFB to work right. Gustavo did some
work on this some time ago and the patches are available online. He got
it to the point where GTK segfaults.

Cheers,
--
Matthew P. McGuire <gray@shadowglade.net>