Re: usplash or fbsplash?

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:44:38 -0800, Diwaker Gupta <diwakergupta@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:52:03 +0100, website <website_debian@tiscali.it> wrote:
> I'm all for usplash. There was a mention in this thread that debsplash
> has been packaged -- any idea where I might get that from?

You can always get it from my Debian Embelisher project:

http://www.latinomixed.com/downloads/debian-embelisher

All packages are inside the directory "deb". I pre-patched a vanilla
kernel 2.6.9 (from kernel.org) and nvidia drivers... etc...

Make sure you follow the README.

p.s. I'm in the process of testing this new kernel with debsplash. we
are working on getting progressbars to work.

p.s.s. the debsplash-utils package might have files in the wrong
location... please report bugs in #debsplash on irc.freenode.net

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html