Re: Debian derivatives census: Kali: support and bug reporting information

On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 09:46 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> I will fix the "Bugs" line

Thanks.

> but that information is not (properly) used by reportbug.
> So there's a more general problem in the way lsb-release works in Debian, it's
> not derivative-ready/friendly. I filed a bug about it (this list should get a copy).
>
> Now I have added an /etc/lsb-release just to verify what reportbug does:
> So reportbug is also not derivative friendly, and it needs to be fixed.
> I filed a second bug about this. Because really, derivatives should not
> have to fork reportbug...

Thanks for the bug reports, that is a bit disappointing.

It appears that only Ubuntu patches reportbug in any meaningful way.
Ubuntu makes the default to report to Ubuntu and defines using the
ubuntu bug tracker as an error, since they have their own system for
reporting bugs (apport) that sends more info than reportbug does:

http://dex.alioth.debian.org/census/patches/r/reportbug/Debian_reportbug_6.4.4_Ubuntu_reportbug_6.4.4ubuntu1.patch

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise