Re: Planet Debian Derivatives / Planet Ubuntu

* intrigeri [Wed Jul 27, 2011 at 12:14:43PM +0200]:

> Once upon a day, I happily subscribed to the Planet Debian Derivatives
> RSS feed as as it was brought up (thanks Pabs!). However, I quickly
> unsubscribed since it was much too high traffic for me... mainly
> because the tons of posts aggregated on Planet Ubuntu are part of
> Planet Debian Derivatives.

> Right now, 60 posts are displayed on the Planet Debian Derivatives
> home page¹, spanning six days. Out of these posts, 48 posts come from
> Planet Ubuntu. I understand Ubuntu is indeed a Debian derivative, and
> I am fully aware that these numbers just show Ubuntu is by far the
> biggest and most active Debian derivative.

> On the other hand, I doubt I am the only one who would happily follow
> the activities of other Debian derivatives, using the Planet channel,
> *iff* it did not practically imply to follow Planet Ubuntu.

> What do *you* think, how do *you* feel on this topic?
> Do you follow Planet Debian Derivatives? If you don't, why don't you?

Thanks for bringing that up - I'm in the same situation. I'm
interested in getting news around Debian derivatives and follow
Planet Debian Derivatives since its beginnings. I also have Planet
Ubuntu as separate feed in my feed reader, but would like to be able
to get Ubuntu's content just on request/purpose since it's such high
volume.

regards,
-mika-