sysklogd as non-root

Hi Joey,

As part of a patch review for the DEX project[0], I came across this
wishlist bug on sysklogd:

for which a patch is available.  I would like to help get this patch merged
into Debian and upstream if possible.  It was originally based on 1.4.1, but
the upstream parts still apply to 1.5.  The packaging parts will need a bit
of work to merge, but I can help with this if you like.

Can you tell me what you think and how you would like to proceed with this?

Cheers,

--
 - mdz

[0] http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110318