BTS: How many To's are allowed?

Hello,

I wanted to close some really old NMUs to clean the BTS entries for one
of the packages I maintain. Therefor just created a mail to finally
close 16 bugs and added all 16 bugnr-done@bugs.debian.org to the To
line. But only 3 are closed. Some time ago I already mentioned this
limitation, when I was reporting spam in the BTS (they often send their
mail to >3 recipient addresses). So what is done with such mails? Are
only the first 3 addresses in To processed? Are the others waiting for
some approval? How does this work? I did not find this information in
the debbugs documentation, so maybe you can explain it for me.

Thanks and regards, Daniel