Re: Debian Smart Upload Server

On Tue, 23, Dec, 2008 at 10:36:29AM -0500, Michael Casadevall spoke thus..
> Debian Smart Upload Server Protocol
> RFC - Drafted Tuesday 23 December 2008

I really don't like the idea of rolling our own protocol for this.  It
smacks of a combination of NiH and overkill.  We'd also have to continue
to support ftp for the foreseeable future anyways...

A dameon which uses inotify in order to do immediate processing and
actually does cleanup properly seems a much more sane option to me.
(i.e. a much re-written debianqueued)

Mark

--
Mark Hymers <mhy at debian dot org>

"But Yossarian *still* didn't understand either how Milo could buy eggs
 in Malta for seven cents apiece and sell them at a profit in Pianosa
 for five cents."
     Catch 22, Joseph Heller