Re: custom vs. derivative (Re: packages.gz corrupt, missing packages and other issues)

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 12:05 AM,  <vagrant@freegeek.org> wrote:

>  BOF at debconf8, anyone? :)

In case I'm not there, some comments/questions/statements;

Fedora uses the term "spins":

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CustomSpins
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/

I like the term "slices", and this is influenced by my liking of pie.

Lenny will be frozen before debconf.

What will an "official" subproject/slice/spin/CDD/blah look like in
lenny? Thoughts on that:

LiveCD? probably, might be good to add the configurations for these to
live-helper?
Alternate CD set? hmm, maybe not
Page on the website? extremely essential
Branding package like desktop-base? also essential, add a "about <foo>
slice" to the menus (like #473892)

--
bye,
pabs