Re: New name: Call for opinions

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 11:27:55AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

[...]

> Anyway, to not only critice let me suggest two names: "Compilation Inside
> Debian" (CID) (Debian integrated Compilation sounds like dick) or "Debian
> Remixed Distribution" (DRD). A thesaurus should be helpful to find other
> iterations of the same meme. (BTW, I dont think we have to go for a three
> letter acronym, two, four, five or six letters are also entirely valid
> options :-)

I think these last diverging proposals "Distribution x Solution",
"Remixed x Integrated" and so on, just confirms that we don't have
enough understanding of what is (or should be) a ${CDD} (sorry Andreas,
but I don't feel ready to use DIS).

IMHO Debian-Edu well fits in "Solution", but not Debian-Med, that fits
in "Integrated".

Now I would like to see (and join) into an effort to finish the first
${CDD} formal specification before any renaming. Andreas has done a
great work on this and it's a good time to help him there[0].

[0] http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/cdd/

Regards,

--
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz