Re: Suggestion

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 02:50:21PM +0000, Milo=?US-ASCII?Q?=9A  Koren=E8?=iak wrote:
>    Good day!
>    I am writing to suppose one thing.
>    Windows offers a "hibernate" action. It is very useful thing. It
> allows you to continue your work after a turning off your comp very
> promptly. In the Debian, if you turn off, you must then wait for
> coming into operation.
>    And now the proposal.Could be the action "Resting", "Sleep",
> "Sleeping", "Hibernate" or so added to Debian and to the starter of GUI?

Suspend-to-RAM should basically work. Suspend-to-disk requires setting
up a separate dedicated swap partition. Also look at the package
hibernate and making the kernel software-suspend (of whatever version) work.

SuSE includes support for software suspend, IIRC.

Anyway, I figure that this is a matter for debian-devel .

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com