Re: CDD-package inside of Debian or out?

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 15:33, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 25-05-2005 14:26, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Wed, 25 May 2005, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> One of the aims of Skolelinux is to fit on a single CD.

wich we currently do by using a hacked version of Debian-cd that reorders
packages, so all 'our' packages are on the first CD. The rest of the CD-set
(with the new package-order) is still generated (and even available from
ftp.skolelinux.no somewhere if memory serves), we just choose to mostly
ignore it at the moment.

-> this seams like a good approach as far as I'm concerned (I hear making
Debian-CD more flexible and sane is one of the things many people will work
on post-sarge)

> Do we need another tool for that or is cddtk the tool also for such
> "outer" factors as distribution media limitations?

how exactly this relates/will relate to cddtk I have no idea. (cddtk just
invoking debian-cd, and forcing an ordering ala Skolelinux would be fine
with me)

--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)