Re: Keyboard keys, commands, shortcuts, "accelerators"

In article <Pine.GSO.4.40.0305201123590.2742-100000@antares.cc.umanitoba.ca>, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> Bug #192305 has some interesting discussion about the history of different
> keyboard keys, commands and shortcuts. I made the mistake of suggesting
> other possible keys... q for quit and b for going back (usually k pages,
> where k usually defaults to 1) are in lynx, less, more and likely many other
> programs.

Interesting subject.
I'd appreciate to see a project of standaraling keyboard shortcuts
among all applications which perform common operations (file save,
open, cut&paste).

Maybe a project on
http://www.freestandards.org/ or
http://www.linuxbase.org/

And when a consistent keyboard shortcuts scheme will be developed,
what about proposing a Debian Policy that all Debian packages must
obey these standard?

When the upstream authourof a package will not obey it himself, we
would make the .deb package to generate a keyboard-shortcuts-standard
compilant config file, or compile the package in a modified way if the
program does not have configurable keybindings.

Another thing I would do:
a consistent line-commenting character among all languages/config files.
I propose #  (because it looks like a small fence, and what is behind
the fence is not seen by the application). Like in bash scripts.

I would like to see it as a comment character for all config files,
and for C, C++, Pascal, Perl, Python, PHP, HTML, XML and all other
files.

I mean that everything on a line after the # character is a comment.

--
    Miernik         ________________________ jabber:miernik@jabber.gda.pl
__ ICQ: 4004001 ___/__ tel: +48608233394 __/      mailto:miernik@ctnet.pl