Re: Boulder Pledge

--- Hugh Saunders <hugh@mjr.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 08:29:26AM +1300,
> criggie wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:50:58 -0500
> > "Shawn McMahon" <smcmahon@eiv.com> wrote:
> > All we need to do now is have someone mention
> Nazis or Hitler, then we
> > can invoke Godwins Law
> http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?GodwinsLaw
>
> Miller's Paradox: As a network evolves, the
> number of Nazi comparisons
> not forestalled by citation to Godwin's Law
> converges to zero.

I feel compelled to mention that the invocation
of Godwin's Law prior to the actual denigration
of the thread to the point that Nazi's are
referenced deserves a correlary of its own, at
least in my mind............hmmmmmm, "Shepherd's
Correlary"...I like the ring of that....

in peace,
John

=====
"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as the
result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I forward chain letters,
petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large numbers of others. This is
my contribution to the survival of the online community." - Roger Ebert, "The
Boulder Pledge"