Where do i report the Sani ABACHA spam scam?

Hi,

   First of all, why would this list be generating spam? Isn't there any
control of where the e-mail comes from? I mean doesn't it have to come
from a subscriber of the list, at least?

   And does anyone remember which law enforcement office to send these to?
I used to have that address, but i've forgotten. I can't even remember if
it was the fbi or ...?

   Does anybody really fall for these?