Re: 关于CJK的新包

Hi!

> >   The latex-cjk-chinese-arphic-* packages do not provide the TTF: at
> > build time, it uses the TTF provided by the Debian packages.
> Of course.  As the .pfb files already have the outline of the glyphs,
> there is no point shipping the .ttf file.  I suppose tfm-arphic-*
> packages ship the .ttf file because it need it to genenrate the PK files
> on the fly, although the .ttf file is probably just a symlink (as I
> said, I was lazy and didn't check :-).

Heh, yes, I just go to the "build/" directory and use a soft link to
the four TrueType Fonts instead.  tfm-arphic-* uses the same
procedure, just as you described.

> > > Also since I am asking lazy questions - I've heard inquiries on IRC
> > > about why your packages are arch:i386 (which is essentially arch:any)
> > > instead of arch:all.  Would you please explain that (or, if you've
> > > already explained in your package, just tell me which package to look
> > > at. :-)
> > Interesting.  I didn't really know what architecture I had to use, and
> > it seemed reasonable to me to use "any".  The Debian source package
> > "cjk" needs to compile a few programs, so I suppose that it's "any" or
> > "i386".
> A package seldom needs to specify arch:i386.  Architecture dependent
> packages should just use arch:any, while architecture independent
> packages should use arch:all.  More information can be found at:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Architecture

I see!  Thanks, I forgot to check the Debian Policy about this
matter.

> >   As far as the font packages are concerned, yes, perhaps arch:all
> > would be a better choice indeed.  I'll change it for
> > latex-cjk-chinese-arphic and latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab.  Thanks for
> > the tip.
> Yeah, that sounds right.  I'll defintitely check this when I try out
> your packages (which should be soon), since it seems you need help on
> this area. :-)

Thanks.  IANAP(rogrammer), and am absolutely ignorant about hardware
specs, so any help here would indeed be most welcome. :)
I also don't really know when to put things in either binary-indep or
binary-arch in debian/rules, but ItWorks(tm), or at least seems to. ;D

> P.S.:  I'm subscribed to the list, so no need to cc: me, thanks.

Heh, me too.  Sorry.  I'm used to receive and send CC's all the time;
I just press the "d" key to delete them in Mew. ;D

I didn't read Debian's code of conduct for mailing lists before.
Thanks for the link.

Kind regards

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐