Re: firefly fonts & CJKUnifonts

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 06:12:03PM +0800, Kanru Chen wrote:

> Firefly is going to merge his embedded bitmap fonts into Arne's
> CJKUnifonts in the future which contains more characters and update
> more frequency. So let's close this ITP and create another for
> CJKUnifonts
>
> CJKUnifonts - a TrueType unicode font containing Traditional Chinese,
> Minnan, Hakka, Simplified Chinese and Kantonese characters.  And Japanese
> and Korean characters will be included soon.
> CJKUnifont (http://unifont.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/CJKUnifonts)

Now that we're on topic... while still in Taiwan I sent a mail to
Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org> asking if he wanted to sposor Arne's
fonts (since he already have experience in sponsoring such fonts),
however he never got back to me.

At this point, I'll send a mail to debian-devel asking if there is some
font expert that would be interested.  Else, I can do the sponsoring but
I don't know enough for checking the correctness of the various scripts.

Is there an ITP for Arne's fonts?  If not, we should create one.  If
yes, please tell me the number, because I couldn't find it.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>