Re: tcl and xcin input problem

Petr Simon wrote:

Hi,
this problem is for big5 too, but I guess almost everyone who reads big5 reads gb too and vise versa. The problem: I'd like to use Leo (http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/front.html) for my MA thesis in chinese linguistics, which means that I have to input a lot of stuff both in chinese and in my native language which has few diacritics. Leo is written in Python and uses Tcl/Tk for it's GUI. I wrote to the author and it really seems that the problem is in Tcl/Tk, 'cause I have another quite similar program in Python which is qt GUIed and it works great with anything. Well Python handles unicode without a problem. Basically I can paste into it (fonts are quite bad), but I can't directly type in.
Any experience, help, pointers ?
Thanks fo help
Petr
P.S. Thanks to Andre for being always very helpful help ;-)

what other program you are talking about?
It Tcl/TK didn't convert encoding back to UTF it may be a parblem.
I don't know what kind of function you need for your thesis..
but personally if you want to use UTF, java app will be the best
choose from my experience.
Alex