Re: dead keys in chinput/xsim

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 06:24:12AM +0100, Anders Helmersson wrote:
> When running chinput or xsim in xterm with a zh_CN.UTF-8 my dead keys
> defined in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/zh_CN.UTF-8 get lost.
>
> This happens even before I activate the chinese input (ctrl-space).
>
> Are there any ways around this problem or can't I use dead keys together
> with chinput/xsim?

Since XIM take over the key press events, my guess is that
dead key composing will be disabled when a XIM is registered.

So what you can do is patch chinput/xsim to do dead key composition
themselves when it is not activated.

Or create a special input method table out of your dead key compose
table. Then when you want to input latin text, switch to that input
method. this way might be easier or harder depend how the XIM server
is implemented.

--
hashao|      致虛極,守靜篤。萬物並作,吾以觀復。
hashao|      夫物蕓蕓,各復歸其根。歸根曰靜,靜曰復命。復命曰常,知常