Re: chinese input

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 07:45:17AM +0200, William Wu wrote:
> > > Please read the Chinese Debian FAQ in
> > > http://www.debian.org/intl/zh
>
> Ai ya, my chinese is not good enough to understand/read that ... :/

Well we have Chinese FAQ in English too. it is at:
http://people.debian.org/~ygh/en/html/noframes/

I see you are from France. A French translation won't
hurt either. :)

> > xcin is also good for gb-pinyin input.
>
> I reall have not idea how to use, doesn't look as simple as cxterm.

The FAQ talked about how to use xcin and chinput.
xcin also have its document in English:
/usr/share/doc/xcin/En/

chinput has a short English help from the Debian maintainer:
/usr/share/doc/chinput/README.Debian

cxterm might be easier, but xcin and chinput let you input
Chinese in other applications.

> but cxterm works now -even if it is not maintained any longer- :)

Yes, the problem is that it will be harder to get help for cxterm if
it is not maintained. But you surely are free to make your
own choice.

hmm... chinput is close to be abandoned as now. we will see.

--
hashao|       天长地久。天地所以能长且久者,以其不自生,故能长生。
hashao|       是以圣人后其身而身先;外其身而身存。非以其无私邪?故能成