Re: xiterm can't be started

Hello,

Thanks for your bug report.  XFree86 does not seem to have zh_HK.UTF8
or zh_HK.UTF-8 listed yet.  You may try zh_CN.UTF-8 or zh_TW.UTF-8
instead. Or, easier yet, zh_TW.Big5 and zh_CN.GB2312 are readily
supported.  For example, you may first start "xcinterm-big5" or
"xcinterm-gb", and then in that shell, start xiterm.  You may finetune
the fontset setting with the -fn option (see
/usr/share/doc/xiterm/README* in the 20020913-1 version.  (I forgot to
put it there before.  My apologies.)

The segmentation fault appear to be a bug though.  I could reproduce
the segfault when I tried "xiterm -fn asdf" (and of course, there is no
font called "asdf").  I should report to the author.

Config file?  I don't know.  :-)  You see, I am pretty new the program
myself too.

Anyhow, I'll be sending some patches (contributed by other Debian
users/developers) upstream, and I'll ask the author then.  (Feel free
to contact the upstream author yourself too.  Jiro SEKIBA is cool!  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling  霍東靈