Re: Is there a de facto standard Chinese PostScript font name?

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 01:34:32PM +0800, Cosmos wrote:

>  Type 3 can embedded scalable font.

Theoretically yes, practically never see one example. Not a trivia job!

>  Maybe we can convert the public arphicpl font to Type 3, and used it as
> de facto chinese ps font.

Do we need to do that now that we can print using CID font and ttf font?
Besides, how do you physically make a Type 3 font? By definition, it's embedded
in ps file and always produced by application programs. Perhaps you meant
a library for every application to call when they need to produce Type3
Chinese font?

Regards,
rigel