Re: locales

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 02:46:29PM -0500, Glenn Becker wrote:
> When I /bin/su root and killall xa or xa+cv, I get the message "no process
> killed" from the system. However, when I killall cv, X goes away and I am
> back in pure console.
>
> Further, when I dpkg --purge xa+cv, this seems to 'wreck' my X
> configuration. startx dies ... I haven't looked into the details *yet,* I
> simply reinstalled xa+cv.

If my guess is correct, check your ~/.xsession file.  See if "xa" or "cv"
is loaded there.  IIRC, xa is for communicating with xcin2.3
(kind of like an Xcin Agent?), and cv is for Chinese Viewing (?), i.e. it
intercepts X's display and change the high-bit characters to Chinese no
matter what, kind of like TwinBridge, NanjiStar, Unionway etc. on Windows.

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada