Problems with Big5 in 2.2 (Potato)

Hello!

I upgraded to Potato recently.  I have tried to use xcin, but neither
xcin2.5 or xcin2.3 will work.  I can open it, but crxvt will not read
from it.

I have also not been able to display Chinese in Gnome applications.  I
am told:

FIXME: unicode support unimplemented: truncating

** WARNING **: EXCEL: we need to re-architecture string reading to support unicode & rich text.

** WARNING **: FIXME: unsupported xf parent style xf 0x1cf != 0
FIXME: rich string support unimplemented:discarding 2 runs
FIXME: extended string support unimplemented:ignoring 16 bytes

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Curtis Dean Smith ¥v°ê¿³
Asst. Professor of Chinese