New Debian m68k Packages
These m68k packages were installed into the Debian hierarchy in the
----- !!! HIGH URGENCY PACKAGES !!! -----
adduser 3.1 into bo/binary-all/base
adduser 3.1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/base
adduser - Add users and groups to the system.
----- Low Urgency Packages --------------
alien 3.2 -> 3.3 into bo/binary-all/admin
alien (3.3) frozen; urgency=low
* Fixed a bug that made alien choke on rpm files that had a version number
or release number of 0. Releasing only to frozen, because there is a
newer version in unstable.
alien 5.0 -> 5.1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/admin
alien (5.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Added partial support for relocatable packages: DEFAULTPREFIX is
examined, and if set, a subdirectory by the same name is created in the
build directory of the package. This means relocatable packages end up
in a sane location, not scattered in the root directory as they were
* Smarter guessing of patch file name to use, now looks at version number
and revision number if neccessary.
* Added a patch file for applix 4.3 (and one for the applix-english package).
arabtex 3.04-0 -> 3.05-0 into hamm/non-free/binary-all/tex
arabtex (3.05-0) non-free; urgency=low
* New upstream source.
automake 1.1n-1 -> 1.1p-1 into project/experimental
automake (1.1p-1) experimental; urgency=low
* first release of 1.1p. This version is beta. Use at your own
boot-floppies 1.2.14 -> 1.2.15 into bo/binary-all/admin
boot-floppies 1.2.14 -> 1.2.15 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/admin
boot-floppies (1.2.15) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* busybox/zcat.c: skip original file name in gzipped file
* basedisks.sh: only create 1.2MB base disks
* documentation/install.html: document this
document booting from CD ROM
* Makefile: root filessystem size is now 1800KB
* basedisks.sh: remove #8286, #8263, and zcat limitation workarounds
* rescue.sh: display kernel-image version in debian.txt (used by syslinux)
removed rescmods from reescue disk (space limitation)
* scripts/basedisks/PACKAGES_i386: add isapnptools
* scripts/rootdisk/EXTRACT_LIST: add isapnptools
* scripts/rootdisk/SMALL_BASE_LIST_all: add sbin/isapnp and sbin/pnpdump
* rootdisk.sh: remove sbin/isapnp and sbin/pnpdump from lowmem root
* scripts/rootdisk/SMALL_BASE_LIST_all: remove lsmod
* scripts/rootdisk/prototype/bin/ps: provide lsmod
* dinstall: move floppy insertion prompt to mount_and_check
don't use rescmods
* busybox/init.c: check MemTotal instead of MemFree
boot-floppies 1.2.15 -> 1.2.16 into bo/binary-all/admin
boot-floppies 1.2.15 -> 1.2.16 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/admin
boot-floppies (1.2.16) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Makefile: use kernel-image-2.0.30_2.0.30-6_i386.deb
* rootdisk.sh: don't use the busybox losetup
* dinstall: (mount_and_check_floppy) make /dev/loop0 work
deny kernel installation from non-floppy for lowmem
(choose_harddisk) unmount /instmnt before offering
* utilities/busybox/init.c: fixed memtotal extraction
* several text typos and documentation fixed
boot-floppies 1.2.16 -> 1.2.17 into bo/binary-all/admin
boot-floppies 1.2.16 -> 1.2.17 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/admin
boot-floppies (1.2.17) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Makefile: use adduser_2.14 (older versions had problems with shadow)
* dinstall: correct the ownership of /root
* rescue.sh: fixed determining DEBIAN_KERNEL_IMAGE
* utilities/busybox/tiny-ls.c: reenable FEATURE_FILETYPECHAR
(used by timezone setup)
* rootdisk.sh: round number of maintainers to a multiple of 10
* scripts/rootdisk/new_root_home/setup.sh: call /etc/cron.daily/find
* dinstall: don't require both kernel and base in same Base_Archive_Dir
* basedisks.sh: fix location of setup.sh in /etc/init.d/boot
bug 2.93 -> 2.94 into bo/binary-all/utils
bug 2.93 -> 2.94 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/utils
bug (2.94) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Exits when no editor can be found.
* Removes editor backup. Fixes #9327.
* Fixed checking for `/bin/ae'. Fixes #9306.
* Regexp used to find users in /etc/passwd made stricter, this fixes
problem with NIS. Fixes bug #9335.
dist 3.70-1 -> 3.70-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/devel
dist (3.70-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed some minor typos
* Improved the clean command.
* Handle all the @%$& problem with introducing more than one level of
directories and the inability of diff/patch to reconstruct the sources
by tarring, gzipping, and uuencoding the directory debian/Config.
doc-linux-es 97.03-1 -> 97.03-2 into bo/binary-all/doc
doc-linux-es 97.03-1 -> 97.03-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/doc
doc-linux-es (97.03-2) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Corrected permissions in /usr/doc/doc-linux-es/* files (Closes Bug#9695)
doc-rfc 1997.05-1 into bo/binary-all/doc
doc-rfc 1997.04-2 -> 1997.05-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/doc
doc-rfc (1997.05-1) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Docs as of 1997-05-05
jargon 4.0.0-1 -> 4.0.0-2 into bo/binary-all/doc
jargon 4.0.0-1 -> 4.0.0-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/doc
jargon (4.0.0-2) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Converted to new source format (Finally!) (Bug #9482)
* Moved jargon.html to /usr/doc/jargon (Bug #9350)
* Touched up jargon.html
kernel-source-2.0.30 2.0.30-4 -> 2.0.30-6 into bo/binary-all/devel
kernel-source-2.0.30 2.0.30-4 -> 2.0.30-6 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/devel
kernel-image-2.0.30 2.0.30-4 -> 2.0.30-6 into bo/binary-i386/base
kernel-image-2.0.30 2.0.30-4 -> 2.0.30-6 into hamm/hamm/binary-i386/base
kernel-headers-2.0.30 2.0.30-4 -> 2.0.30-6 into bo/binary-all/devel
kernel-headers-2.0.30 2.0.30-4 -> 2.0.30-6 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/devel
kernel-source-2.0.30 (2.0.30-6) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Reinstated the new 3c59x.c file.
* Included bug fix patch for hisax.
lambdacore 02feb97-1 -> 02feb97-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/net
lambdacore (02feb97-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Now suggests lambdamoo-docs, since that package contains the lambdacore
* Routine update of debian/rules:
Run dpkg-gencontrol after debstd, and delete substvars during clean.
* Postinst now prompts for the lambdamoo wizard password, and sets it using
a program named /usr/sbin/lambdapasswd
* Now reccommends perl so lambdapasswd will work.
manpages-fr 0.3-1 -> 0.3-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/doc
manpages-fr (0.3-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Cosmetic change (fix Bug #9635).
modconf 0.2.8 -> 0.2.9 into bo/binary-all/base
modconf 0.2.8 -> 0.2.9 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/base
modconf (0.2.9) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* descr.additional: added info for sbpcd
shortened entry for tulip
added entry for umsdos
* Makefile: remove zcat workaround (zcat has been fixed)
* eval: summary_isp16 changed
* modconf: don't exit edit_arguments on missing description
picon-domains 97.04.24-1 -> 97.04.29-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/graphics
picon-domains (97.04.29-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
pmake 1.0-13 -> 1.0-14 into hamm/hamm/binary-i386/devel
pmake 1.0-13 -> 1.0-14 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/devel
pmake (1.0-14) unstable; urgency=low
* New maintainer.
* Upgraded to Standards 126.96.36.199 (Fixes bug #9491, #3793).
* bsd.lib.mk no longer passes spurious `T' argument to ar
(Fixes bug #3793), patch from Philip Blundell <email@example.com>.
psgml 1.0.1-2 -> 1.0.1-3 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/text
psgml (1.0.1-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Also depend on sgml-base
* Added explanation for the dependency to the description
* Added suggestion for other SGML provider packages
psgml 1.0.1-3 -> 1.0.1-4 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/text
psgml (1.0.1-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Mentioned that psgml is a standard package in XEmacs.
* Made the one line description more explicit.
sgml-base 0.1 -> 0.2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/text
sgml-base (0.2) unstable; urgency=low
* Removed symlink /usr/lib/sgml/sgml.catalog .
* Wrote README.debian (Guidelines for SGML packages).
vm-el 6.30-3 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/mail
vm 6.30-2 -> 6.30-3 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/mail
vm (6.30-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Added an el package a la Emacs (the elisp files are nearly 1M!), since
I think it is imperative that the uncompiled elisp files be available
for users, but it is not reasonable to unconditionally chew up 1M of
* Also install vm-vars.el into the doc (for the old regular package)
directory, since not all customizable variables are documented
vm 6.30-3 -> 6.31-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/mail
vm-el 6.30-3 -> 6.31-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/mail
vm (6.31-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream bug fixing release. Excerpted changes:
* vm-toolbar-support-possible-p: don't check device type, install
toolbar if the 'toolbar feature is present.
* vm-toolbar-initialize: check for device-on-window-system-p
before looking at device-bitplanes, in case the selected device
is a tty.
* use '(win) tag sets on toolbar specifiers to prevent toolbars
from being attached to non-window system frames.
* vm-multiple-fonts-possible-p: conditionalize checks on
XEmacs/Emacs to avoid looking at the window-system variable
under XEmacs where it should not be used.
* set scrollbar height only if (featurep 'scrollbar) and under
XEmacs. Previously we checked if set-specifier was fbound.
* vm-mime-preview-composition: copy value of enriched-mode to
the temp buffer so that the MIME encoding code knows what to do.
* set perms to 600 on MIME tempfiles before writing to them.
There's still a race window where access can be gained to
such files, but it should be very small assuming NFS is not
* added new 'display-error' slot to the MIME layout struct to
avoid overloading the cache slot... and fixed a bug thereby, due
to vm-mime-display-external-generic trying to use the contents
of the cache slot when there was an error message there.
* vm-mime-display-internal-message/rfc822: bind buffer-read-only
to nil before trying to insert text into the presentation
* vm-burst-digest will now descend into nested MIME layouts to find
digests to burst.
wspanish 1.0-5 -> 1.0-6 into bo/binary-all/text
wspanish 1.0-5 -> 1.0-6 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/text
wspanish (1.0-6) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Provides wordlist (Closes Bug#9394)
xjig 2.4-1 -> 2.4-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/games
xjig (2.4-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Source package now conforms to Debian Standards 188.8.131.52 (fixes #9520)
* Changed maintainer email address
xntp3 5.90-1 -> 5.90-4 into hamm/hamm/binary-i386/net
xntp3-doc 5.90-1 -> 5.90-4 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/net
xntp3 (5.90-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Switch to using start-stop-daemon in the postinst. Fixes bug 9271.
----- New Packages ----------------------
chris-cust 0.1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/misc
chris-cust - Christoph's Preferred Customizations
fbset 1.0-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/admin
fbset - Framebuffer device maintenance program (m68k Linux only)
felt 3.00-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-i386/math
felt-doc 3.00-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/math
felt - FElt a package for introductory level finite element analysis.
felt-doc - FElt User's Guide and Reference Manual
pkg-order 0.07 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/misc
pkg-order - A Package dependency checker and install ordering tool
sgml-base 0.1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/text
sgml-base - utilities to maintain the SGML catalog file
the 2.4-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-i386/editors
the-doc 2.4-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/editors
the - THE - The Hessling Editor.
the-doc - THE Reference Manual
wfrench 1.0-4 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/text
wfrench - The french dictionary words for /usr/dict.
xcontrib 3.2-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/x11
xcontrib - X11R6.1 contributed clients built for Xfree 3.2
xmayday-doc 1.2.0-1 into hamm/non-free/binary-all/web
xmayday-doc - XMayday HTML Documentation
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .