Re: Building custom Debian from CD to DVD

at bottom :-

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 14:57, Nahir MOHAMED <nmohamed@portaildulibre.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm actually working on a custom version of Debian for a project. I start
> from the debian-509-i386-CD-1.iso to build my custom version and I added
> some personal packages using this howto :
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify/CD#Create_new__Release_and_Packages_files
>
> In this howto they use the mkisofs command to generate the image file and it
> works like a charm but my .iso file size is bigger than a normal CD size.
>
> So I would like to know if I can burn it directly on a DVD or should I use
> another command/tool to build a new .iso file.
>
> Thanks
> Best regards
>
> --
> Nahir MOHAMED
> Consultant Technique
> Open Source Center
> Atos Intégration
> nmohamed@portaildulibre.fr
> Tél : +33 (0)1.73.26.39.53

just curious to know why did you use debian 5.0.9 instead of 6.0.3 the
latest squeeze release

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.3/i386/iso-cd/debian-6.0.3-i386-CD-1.iso

OR

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.3/i386/bt-cd/debian-6.0.3-i386-CD-1.iso.torrent