Re: Some suggestions for changes to w.d.o/CD/faq entries

On Mi, 11 ian 12, 00:24:10, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 03:26:32PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm updating the Romanian translation for the CD/faq and I have a few
> >comments/suggestions to the English version:
> >
> >http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/index.en.html#netinst
> >[...] which has a cheap Internet connection [...]
> >
> >May I suggest s/a cheap/an adequate/ here since the cost of the internet
> >connection is not too relative. Probably, some information about the
> >data to be downloaded would be more helpful instead, like:
>
> I'd just do s/cheap/fast/ here, to be honest.

My reason for not suggesting that is because:
- "fast" is relative too around the globe
- the user might have no better alternative and would be prepared to go
  for it anyway, even over dial-up or GPRS or whatever.

> >"A typical graphical installation without additional packages should
> >download about ..."
>
> I'm not sure of a reasonable estimate to put there. Any suggestions,
> anyone?

Yes, pointing to another source that is constantly updated :)

For estimates of data to be downloaded see the
Guide</a>.</p>

However, from reading that page it is not very clear to me if download
size for the respective tasks includes "Standard" (I think it does) and
"Standard" is missing from that table (only install size is mentioned in
the beginning of the section), but it's good anyway.

Kind regards,
Andrei