Re: Some suggestions for changes to w.d.o/CD/faq entries

Hi,

George Danchev wrote:
> Again, with proofreading (i.e. our former checkreading) we address the user
> action of deliberate reading of an appropriate amount of bytes from the
> burnt media (think 'dd'). This has nothing to do with the "Defect Management"
> mechanism, which DVD-RAM and BD-RE drives perform internally.

To my understanding, Andrei objected a sentence about Defect Management,
in the initial post:
> ... > Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 15:26:32 +0200
> ... > http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/index.en.html#record-unix
> ... > "In order to get full nominal speed (but without ...[1]) on BD-RE add
> ... > option stream_recording=on."
> ... > [1] I have no idea what checkreading is supposed to mean and vim spell
> ... > checking is complaining about it.

The "checkreading" that is currently mentioned by the sentence:
 "Add option stream_recording=on to get on BD-RE full nominal speed
  without checkreading."
is the internal Defect Management of the drive (which i dislike).

Have a nice day :)

Thomas