[new script] check_debian_iso

On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 01:14:53 PM Thomas Schmitt wrote:

Hi folks,

Thomas Schmitt has developed a new Debian ISO check script, please find the file
attached. It has been tested by me (and him resp.) on a little-endian and big-
endian machines. Its usage is self-explained:

$ ./check_debian_iso

Examples:
  check_debian_iso  MD5SUMS  debian-6.0.3-amd64-netinst.iso
  check_debian_iso  MD5SUMS  netinst
  check_debian_iso  MD5SUMS  debian-6.0.3-amd64-DVD-1.iso  /dev/dvd
  check_debian_iso  MD5SUMS  1  /dev/dvd
  check_debian_iso  MD5SUMS  2  /dev/dvd
  check_debian_iso  MD5SUMS  U:1  /dev/dvd
  check_debian_iso  MD5SUMS  kde-CD-1  /dev/cdrom
  check_debian_iso  SHA512SUMS  businesscard  /dev/cdrom
  check_debian_iso  MD5SUMS  1 /dev/cd0 'md5 -q'

Comments welcome.

> We should next try to produce patches for
>   http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#verify
> and
>   http://www.debian.org/CD/verify

Sure, if the script is deemed appropriate by the debian-cd team, we can of
course produce a patch against wml code.

> Especially the latter would take profit from the script, i assume.
> I used that text as specification of what the script should do.
>
> Under what URL would Debian store it for download ?
> (Would Debian accept it at all ?)

It could be added to the debian-cd package or distributed via debian.org/CD/
for instance.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>