Bug#587774: marked as done (Jigdos have newer timestamps than ISOs)
Your message dated Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:47:07 +0000
with message-id <E1PHfjP-0003aA-2J@franck.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#587774: fixed in debian-cd 3.1.4
has caused the Debian Bug report #587774,
regarding Jigdos have newer timestamps than ISOs
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact email@example.com
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
When generating images and jigdo files, the jigdo files sometimes end up
with newer timestamps which in turn makes jigdo-mirror re-generate the
image from the jigdo each and every time.
Suggested fix: touch the isos after the jigdos are done and compressed.
Additional improvement: If this works, we might add a cron:ed push to all
the cd mirrors on weekly basis or so, which would be a bit more resilient
against things like being down when the trigger after a new release gets
sent out, etc.
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
debian-cd, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to email@example.com,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Steve McIntyre <firstname.lastname@example.org> (supplier of updated debian-cd package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing email@example.com)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:37:24 +0000
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian CD Group <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Steve McIntyre <email@example.com>
debian-cd - Tools for building (Official) Debian CD set
Closes: 475243 514654 537368 571591 574879 587774 590993 592932 592933 593629 593914 593972 594267 598196 601189
debian-cd (3.1.4) unstable; urgency=low
[ Frans Pop ]
* Cleanup of packages included for bootable CDs (generate_d-i+k_list):
- libsysfs2 workaround is no longer needed;
- discover is no longer used anywhere;
- include grub-legacy instead of grub;
- pcmcia-cs has been fully replaced with pcmciautils.
* Exclude udebs for X.Org-based version of the Graphical Installer.
* Excluding reiserfs4 udebs is not needed for Squeeze.
* Include pciutils on installation CDs.
* Only include a symlink for the suite actually specified in the
Release file. Closes: #590993
[ Karl Goetz ]
* Rename log.sort_deps* to sort_deps*.log for better consistency.
* Minor tweaks to Debian packaging to make lintian happy.
* Minor whitespace/wording fixes for the README file. Closes: #592933
* Change the default for NORECOMMENDS to 1 for consistency with
NOSUGGESTS. Closes: #598196
* Documentation patches
[ Steve McIntyre ]
* Rename log.add_packages to add_packages.log
* Add dependency on dpkg-dev for dpkg-architecture. Closes: #574879
* Add support for forcing firmware packages onto CD#1:
+ Add "FORCE_FIRMWARE=1" to CONF.sh to turn this on
+ Will pick up on packages in the "firmware" task and install them
+ Will also add sym-links to them in CD1/firmware so that new d-i code
can find them easily.
+ Will add a short sentence into README.html/README.txt
* Add top-level control of which checksums are desired for output images
see the CHECKSUMS setting in CONF.sh
* Fix some bashisms in tools/apt-selection.
* When generating both iso and jigdo files, make sure that the iso files
are at least as new as the jigdo files, as this helps people mirroring.
* On release builds, use the full version number including all the dots
(e.g. 6.0.0 for the squeeze release instead of 600).
* Update loadlin kernel parameters to match d-i values. Thanks to Samuel
Thibault for the patch. Closes: #594267
* Fix support for alternative boot splash images. Thanks to Tony Awtrey
for the patch. Closes: #537368
* Include the acpi package for all x86 media types. Closes: #475243
* Include the wpasupplicant package on netinsts and larger. Closes: #593914
* Include kbd on first CD rather than console-tools. Closes: #514654
* Added dedication to Frans Pop.
[ Ian Campbell ]
* boot-x86: detect duplicates in the extra images used for installation
and replace with hard links.
* CONF.sh: Don't reset the value of $VARIANTS by default.
[ Aurelien Jarno ]
* Add support for the kfreebsd ports. Closes: #593629
* Add debian-ports-archive-keyring-udeb and
emdebian-archive-keyring-udeb to the exclude list - they should be in
the initrd already.
* Don't exclude reiserfsprogs-udeb, as rescue-mode depends on it.
[ Petter Reinholdtsen ]
* Support replacing the g-i image with ones own image. Closes: #601189
[ Holger Levsen ]
* Start work on Debian Edu images.
[ Otavio Salvador ]
* squeeze: include zlib-modules for i386 images
4aa94fd87bee8e35e763a094e235ed1def58140e 1652 debian-cd_3.1.4.dsc
a45b6edd126921052945b27ba3d5e021afc3a1e4 903651 debian-cd_3.1.4.tar.gz
0bdc19dc3d44c9923704ce3f5a5a753252be30f8 896782 debian-cd_3.1.4_all.deb
7a3f7a43f66dbe62ed2e857f30008c206a36c38b8068ff60a854a52c952f7fef 1652 debian-cd_3.1.4.dsc
863385c6a363bcdb7d4f003b927b1b358586adc07d44e391c4695f9cf2d67fc7 903651 debian-cd_3.1.4.tar.gz
457137953bc16480d887b52d3c4daf59315bc7e2f181c2acb6f88fbcca0b7fc2 896782 debian-cd_3.1.4_all.deb
c778c398021f33fc67a26a1d643e7760 1652 admin extra debian-cd_3.1.4.dsc
ed65f0a833d68c55d5a9a341caba7f77 903651 admin extra debian-cd_3.1.4.tar.gz
03a3472c740dafd5478153609763b25e 896782 admin extra debian-cd_3.1.4_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---