Re: nexuiz-data does not fit on a single CD

]] Mike Hommey

| On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 01:33:29PM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
| > On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 15:23 +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
| > > Ack. People which use computers which did not came with a DVD reader built in
| > > are probably not able to play nexuiz anyway as it needs a pretty fastCPU and
| > > graphics card to be fun :)
| >
| > Well, you see, my current computer (Lenovo x200s) does not have an
| > optical drive at all. I had to install Debian using an usb stick. It
| > does have a fast enough CPU and graphics card to play nexuiz though,
| > mind you.
| >
| > My point is that the fact that our packages are showing the age of the
| > media we still want to support should not be a bug.
|
| It surely is a bug for those who care about CDs. But Zack's point is:
| should it be RC, normal, minor, or wontfix ?

I disagree with it being a bug in the package; if the data needs to be
so big because of quality of textures or number of levels or whatever,
that's just how the world is.

It's not like it's a bug in linux-image-2.6.31-1-amd64 that it doesn't
fit on a 16MB USB stick, which is a similar case albeit with a scale
difference.

--
Tollef Fog Heen