Re: nexuiz-data does not fit on a single CD

Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 14:00 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>>   the Debian CD team (in the person of Steve McIntyre) has noted the
>> enormous size of nexuiz-data, which means the package won't fit on a
>> single CD. I'm setting severity serious because this de facto means the
>> package cannot be distributed to our CD users. I agree that the severity
>> can be controversial since we have other ways of distributing packages;
>> feel free to downgrade, better if after discussion with the release team
>> (even better by reducing the size ;-))
>
> This is silly. I haven't seen bug reports about packages not fitting in
> diskettes, and it would not make any sense if they were filed! =).
>
> The world moved on, CDs are getting too small. It's a technical
> limitation which can be overcome by using the network, or bigger media,
> such as DVDs. While I think blacklisting the package for CDs is a
> pragmatical decision, making the package smaller should be just
> desirable, not a (specially RC!) bug.

Ack. People which use computers which did not came with a DVD reader built in
are probably not able to play nexuiz anyway as it needs a pretty fastCPU and
graphics card to be fun :)

 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79
                   ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F