Re: ISO's are not bootable

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:20:19 +0530
Rupin Chheda <rupin.chheda@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have downloaded three diff versions of the i386 iso for debian
> 5.0.0.I am not able to mount them in VirtualBox.
> The checksums are all correct, and the versions that I have
> downloaded is debian-500-i386-CD-21.iso
> debian-500-i386-CD-11.iso
> debian-500-i386-CD-1.iso
>
> Under VirtualBox I get this message
>
> *No Bootable Medium Found-system Halted.*
>
> I am running VirtualBox Under Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex.My machine is a 64
> Bit Machine- Intel T5750
>
> Please Advise
> Rupin

If you can't even mount them (never mind boot them), then the problem
is not the CD image (as they work).  You say the checksums match, so
perhaps there something with your VirtualBox setup that is incorrect.

The images to boot on real hardware (I have done so), so there is
clearly something besides just a bad image going on.  I suppose it is
possible that the syslinux on the cd isn't compatible with VB on your
box, but I would investigate your virtualbox setup first.

What are you doing the make the cd image available to virtualbox and
how are you trying to boot off the cd?

Also, when you say they don't mount, do you mean that even with a
working vm (say ubuntu) you can't mount the cd.  In that case there is
obviously something wrong with the way image mounting is working on
your vb system.

Can you provide any more information?

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore